How to Drink at Starbucks and Stay Thin
I have never been to a Starbucks that hasn’t had a line out the door. The growing trend of coffee has created a new world for coffee lovers, but most people don’t realize that they are drinking their diet good-bye. Just because it’s liquids doesn’t mean it doesn’t have just as much calories as a meal… or two.
For example, Starbucks Venti White Chocolate Blended Creme Frappuccino has 760 calories with 21g of fat.
You would think the Strawberries & Creme Blended Creme Frappuccino would be somewhat healthy with fruit, but be careful; this Venti drink has 750 calories and 15g of fat.
The Venti Caffe Latte Hot Beverage, Venti Cafe Mocha Hot Beverage, and Grande White Chocolate Mocha Hot Beverage all with Whole Milk and whip cream have anywhere from 22 to 27g of fat.
With so many options to choose from, how does one find a healthy drink or cut down their calories on their favorites? Here are some tips when ordering your drink:
* Hold the Whip! Without whip cream you save anywhere from 50-110 calories and 5-11g of fat
* Ask for Skim Milk. You can save up to 120 calories and 15g of fat. Careful with the soymilk, it can be just as bad as whole milk.
* Check out the Frappuccino light blended beverages. This saves you 190 calories
* Sugar-Free syrup instead of regular saves you 20 calories per pump and lets face it, you don’t just get one pump!
* Over ice instead of hot will save your 60 calories.
With this in mind, here are a few healthier options at Starbacks!
– Tall Hot Non-fat Caramel Macchiato (140 calories)
– Tall Hot Non-fat Café Mocha w/out Whip (170 calories)
– Tall Hot Skinny Vanilla Latte (90 calories)
– Tall Caramel Frappuccino light (130 calories)
– Tall Shaken Tazo Black Tea Lemonade (100 calories)
– Tall Non-fat caramel macchiato iced (140 calories)
– Iced Green Tea (0 calories)
To see more nutritional facts on your favorite starbucks drink, check out their website: