Hungry-Girl’s “Finger Lickin Good” Chicken Fingers
My husband is a huge chicken finger fan. It’s practically the only thing he eats when we go out. In my attempt to convert him over to the “healthy side,” I decided to make
hungry-girl’s low fat, low calorie “Finger Lick’en Good” chicken fingers tonight for dinner.
Needless to say, both our plates were clean at the end of the meal.
Here is the recipe for you chicken finger fans out there:
* 6 oz. Tyson (or another brand**) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (raw); cut lengthwise into 5 strips
* 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
– I used corn flakes because it is way cheaper and tastes the same
* 1/4 cup Egg Beaters, Original
* 1/4 tsp. Lawry’s Garlic Salt
* Pepper (to taste)
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
* Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
* Add Garlic Salt and pepper to crumbs.
* Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another.
* Coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture.
* Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
* Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven.
* Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over.
* Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 – 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy).
* Enjoy! Serves 1.
Serving Size: 5 pieces (entire recipe)
Weight Watchers: 4 Points
We both give this recipe two thumbs up!