As some of you have noticed, I have become obsessed with watermelon. Living in the desert where it’s been over 100 degrees day in and day out has made me crave anything and everything that is cool and crispy.
So, instead of turning to ice cream or other junk foods, I have turned to watermelon.
In honor of my newfound obsession I thought I would share this low calorie/fat/sugar recipe, along with some creative watermelon sculptures… ENJOY!
– 2 cups Fiber One cereal
– 4 tbsp. LAND O LAKES Whipped Light Butter (melted)
– 1 package watermelon flavored gelatin (3 ounces)
– 1/4-cup water
– 1 container fat-free cool whip (12 ounces)
– 2 cups watermelon
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
– To make the pie shell, blend up fiber one cereal to make a bread-like consistency
– Mix fiber one cereal with melted butter
– Spread into a non-stick pie dish
– Bake for 10 minutes
– Set aside to cool
– Mix together the watermelon gelatin and water
– Fold gelatin mixture into fat-free cool whip
– Add watermelon
– Pour mixture into pie dish and put in freezer for 3 hours
Have a great day!!!!!